LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again

I quit my food addiction support program when I couldn't agree with my sponsor about my food addiction. After hearing so many stories by women with true compulsive eating disorders, mine seemed to pale in comparison.  I've given it a lot of thought, and now I believe I have an addiction:  an addiction to the convenience of fast foods and junk foods.

Although I've had a few bad binges in my life, and I've hidden overeating for a week or two, it isn't something on-going and horrendous.  I think my food addiction is more about enjoying how easy it is to stop at McDonalds and pick up breakfast and eat it in the car.  Or to pop a bag of popcorn for dinner.  Sustained healthy eating is just not convenient.  It takes time to shop for, prepare and eat.  It takes at least twice as long to eat a dinner sized salad as a cheeseburger.

Anyway, I've been putting weight back on and it's time to turn things around.  I'll weigh in tomorrow, but last week the scale said 285.5.  That's up 25 lbs from my low in October which is too terrible for words and almost brought tears to my eyes.  So I'll weigh and measure tomorrow and then put the scale away until February.

I liked the food plan I was following this fall, and I'm going to follow a modified version of it.  I'm not going to stress out about having quite so many vegetables.  If my asparagus weighs 10 oz instead of 12 oz that's fine.  And I'm not going to cut out all flour/sugar.  Right now I'm allowing 1 oz of bread as a starch, and I'm allowing a small treat/day.  I'm still saying no snacks, but I may reconsider a small snack when I get home from work to help me get through preparing dinner.

I'm not going to any meetings or getting myself a sponsor.  I feel like I can do this.  I don't expect to see results quite as quickly, but I'm hoping it's more sustainable in the long-term.  If I want outside support I know where to get it.

Breakfast:  corn tortilla with a fried egg and slice of havarti, along with 2 clementines
Lunch: Green salad with chicken and cheese and drizzle of ranch dressing and an apple
Dinner:  Southwest salad with ground beef, cheese, ranch, salsa, corn, olives and a corn tortilla
Treat:  3 Hershey kisses

1 comment:

JudyO said...

Hi! I am not following the same plan as you (am currently on Medifast...again). Found you in a search for "Medifast Journals". Hope you are having a great day! ~JudyO