LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 15

Morning Scale Report: no change

This was not a good weigh-in for me, I was hoping to lose even just .5, but more like 1. I let it get me down this morning and was feeling bad for myself. I was thinking about how many Medifast meals I ate last week and only for a 2 lb. loss.

Luckily, I did start feeling better around lunch-time (probably looking forward to my L/G meal), and semi-convinced myself that losing 2 lbs in a week is pretty respectable and typical. (I just want my results to be like on weight loss ads: "Results not typical.")

I also recommitted this morning to increased diligence in staying on plan. I ended up having a good day. I didn't take any bites of the hot dogs or chips or crackers that I could have tried today. Giving up so much of my progress even for a taste of junk food isn't worth it.

7:00 - hot chocolate
9:00 - chocolate pudding
12:30 - L/G chipotle salad with steak (didn't like the steak at all, so spicy)
4:00 - cream of chicken soup
5:45 - cinnamon bun bar
9:00 - cookies made from Medifast mixes

On the Medifast message board I read someone posted a recipe that uses shake and oatmeal mixes to make cookies. I made them tonight. The first batch turned out awful, because apparently you can't substitute vanilla extract for vanilla syrup. My cookies were VERY bitter. I suspected the vanilla though, so I made a second batch which turned out much better.

1 T of peanut butter used to be acceptable on the plan as a once/daily snack until they decided it was a trigger food for people and took it off. I used the peanut butter though. I love it but I don't have trouble with it as a trigger.

Medifast Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

1 pk oatmeal (I used peach)
1 pk shake (I used vanilla)
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 pks splenda (I omitted this entirely)
1 T sugar free davinci vanilla syrup (omitted)
2 T peanut butter
cinnamon
1/4 C water

Mix dry ingredients then add wet. Batter is very thick. Roll into 4 or 6 balls and flatten with a fork on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cookies will be a little bit crumbly.

Split the batch in half, and each half counts as one Medifast meal and 1 snack.

I thought it was a great cookie texture and I will make these again probably. I wish I had an oatmeal flavor other than peach though!

Click HERE to read about my 16th day on Medifast.

No comments: