LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Health and Other Updates

Last spring I had some blood tests come back with poor results.  I recently had the tests done again, and my results are back in the normal range!
  • HDL Cholesterol = WAS 46, didn't re-do this test
  • Hemoglobin A1c = WAS 6.2, now it's 5.6 which is normal
  • Hemoglobin = WAS 10.6, now it's 12.0 which is normal
Also to follow-up on some other things:
  • I almost never have heartburn, just occasionally when I go too long between meals.
  • Plantar fasciitis is greatly improved!  Thank goodness I figured out what was causing that.
  • I was a size 26 and now I'm between a 20 and a 22.
  • Never have problems with swollen feet or ankles.
  • Not as tired, especially since I'm not anemic any more.
  • I'm not hungry very often, just before meals.
  • I don't have many cravings, but I do still have to be careful in trigger situations.
I'm eating a very balanced and healthy diet right now - primarily fruit and vegetables, as well as protein, whole-grain starches, and a little bit of fat.  My meals are about 400 calories each, and my daily caloric intake is usually between 1200-1400 calories.

I miss convenient foods, especially sandwiches and pizza, and sometimes I miss treats.  Not in a craving way, I don't obsess about them.  Sometimes it would be nice to eat something I didn't have to prepare though.  And although a lot of people in the program stay in it for years and years, it's not an easy fit for my life right now, and eventually I'd like to graduate to something slightly more doable for a mom with young kids and a full-time job.

For now I'll keep taking it one day at a time with the food, and just try to stay off the scale.  :)

No comments: