LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

HMR Official Start

I got my blood test results back and had appts with my PCP and the endocrinologist. There were some real red flags in my lab results and I was in the mindset of "last meals," feeling very defensive about cross about all the foods I'd never get to eat again (food addict for sure), so I decided the best thing would be for me to start sooner rather than later, which meant starting the Healthy Solutions diet (includes 5 servings of fruits/vegetables daily, on top of the 5 HMR meals).

Abnormal Lab results:
HDL Cholesterol = 46 (slightly low, should be over 50)
Hemoglobin A1c = 6.2 (this was high, which means I'm pre-diabetic)
Hemoglobin = 10.6 (low, which means I'm anemic)

These results were such a slap in the face, especially the pre-diabetes.  Even during pregnancies I haven't had a blood sugar problem.  It's definitely motivated me to try to resolve things now, rather than waiting for any of them to become a full-blown problem.  My PCP agreed to order any lab tests I asked for, so I will get some more tests in a month and see if there have been any changes.

Tuesday night 4/26 was my first meeting.  It was pretty straightforward - I had a weigh-in and then there was a class for about an hour and a half.  The most useful thing I learned has actually kept me in the box all week - the coach showed the statistics of how much weight people lose when they eat "out of the box" during the first 3 weeks vs. during subsequent weeks.  It was boggling what the difference was.  I am committed to staying 100% in the box for at least the first 3 weeks.

Successes so far this week:
It seems like my office is always bringing food in, right?  Well on Thursday they catered a BBQ lunch that smelled and looked so good.  I just wanted one bite of the ribs to see if they were really as good as they looked, but I didn't.  I know I would have eaten the whole rib if I'd even had a nibble and then I would have said, "Might as well have some more ribs and a piece of sheetcake and restart tomorrow."

Challenges: Wednesday morning I put 2 chocolate shake mixes in my Magic Bullet and it wouldn't start!  I didn't have a working blender until Thursday when I could get to Target.

Wish me luck over the weekend!

No comments: