LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Medifast Crepes

Last Sunday my daughter requested pancakes for breakfast. I only made enough batter to make her two pancakes so I wouldn't be as tempted to cheat, but I still really wanted something pancake-like for breakfast, so I decided to try making crepes from Medifast mixes.

Medifast Crepes

1 package MF vanilla shake
1 package MF eggs
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
water, to get a thin pancake consistency

Heat a small non-stick skillet. Pour enough batter to coat the bottom of the pan.


Cook over a medium heat until the crepe starts to bubble. Turn the crepe over using a silicon spatula.

Here's where the trouble started. These things were so hard to flip!


I did a little better flipping the second one, but overcooked it. They cook really fast!


By my third try I was STILL having trouble flipping and it looked more like a pancake than a crepe. I admit to putting a little real butter and syrup on it, just to make it palatable enough to eat.


I was supposed to eat one and a half of these for a full serving, but I could only get through one. It was just too eggy and fluffy for me.

My rating on Medifast Crepes?


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Are you still doing Medifast?
It's great seeing illustrated versions of the recipes. Also finding out which ones are worthy!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I totally busted out laughing, at work, after seeing the picture of the trash can.

Thanks for the laugh.