LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day 27

Morning Scale Report: +1.5 lbs

Alas! I'm blaming that gain on my scale giving me a false reading yesterday. :)

10:00 - hot chocolate
1:00 - peanut butter bar
4:30 - hot chocolate
7:00 - L/G fajita beef over green salad
10:00 - 2 mixes made into a brownie

Mashed Cauliflower

I took a head of cauliflower and cut it into small chunks. (The same size I'd chop potatoes into before boiling them for mashed potatoes.) I boiled the cauliflower until it was tender and then drained it. I added some milk and salt and then used my hand-mixer to mash it. It was still a little lumpier than I wanted, but it was fine. Maybe a food processor would get all of the lumps out.

Lemon-Chicken Sauce Reduction

In a pan I added a cup of chicken broth and the juice of 1 lemon and a tsp. of butter, a pinch of rosemary and thyme that I grew in my garden last year and dried. I let it come to a simmer to reduce, and then poured some onto my plate before adding my cauliflower mash, hickory grilled halibut and roasted asparagus.

I think I'll start adding recipes with photos, watch for those soon!

Click HERE to read about my 28th day on Medifast.

No comments: