LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, October 2, 2011

41 Days Abstinent

After my mid-month weigh-ins I was hoping for a 12 lb weight loss for September.  My minimum goal is 10 lbs/month, and I thought I'd probably lost 12, and I was secretly, secretly hoping for 15.

Instead...

Seventeen pounds!

I re-weighed 30 minutes later and showed only 15 lbs lost, and then (stupidly) weighed again today and then had only lost 13 lbs.  I think someone's just trying to show me that I need to stay away from the scale except for my once/month weigh-in.

This puts me at 31 lbs lost since I joined Over-Eaters Anonymous 41 days ago, and 50 lbs lost in 2011.  I still haven't had anyone remark on my weight loss, and I was expecting that.  I've been through that before and last time I let it get me down.  This time I realize that even though I'm seeing some significant changes, most people still just see an obese person and can't distinguish a 30 lb change.

I understand it even better when I look at these photos.  I can barely see any difference in the photos, and realize there's no reason anyone else will do any better.



I'm feeling good about my progress so far and will keep hoping each day will be another abstinent day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH I can see it in your face sweetheart! keep up the great work! Thanks for positing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful gal, extra weight or not.