LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, May 20, 2011

HMR Official Week 3 Results

Weight lost this week:  -2 lbs

I admit that I was disappointed with this week's results, even though I know that losing 2 lbs is pretty typical, especially considering the number of liberties I took throughout the week, and my almost complete lack of exercise.  I keep hoping that I will get motivated to exercise, but so far there's been no magic exercise fairy.

I just finished reading a friend's blog where she wrote about her experience losing 60 lbs on a medically supervised diet.  She did this before I met her.  I've always admired her, but now she's officially my hero!  She didn't cheat once the entire time.  Amazing.

Cheating was my big problem last week.  I thought I'd outsmarted the diet and instead of eating my diet foods I was replacing it with low-calorie alternates and trying to maintain the same calories.  I wasn't always successful.  Another problem with this approach is I just have too many options and temptations to obsess over and justify.  And the hungry voice in my head can justify anything!

Tonight I had to stay late at work and the hungry voice was dead set on making my legs walk us over to the burrito store and buy a carne asada burrito with cheese and sour cream and guacamole.  It was saying that I deserved it for staying late.  My hungry voice is extremely convincing and knows exactly which foods I like the best.

My legs gave in to the voice and started moving towards the burrito, but I was back in control before I got to the office door and turned around and sat down again.

Today was my most successful day in a long time.  I had 4 shakes/cereals and 1 entree, and then a little greek salad and a mini cup of peaches.  I put a sprinkle of lowfat feta cheese on my salad, but it was practically nothing.  Yes, it's a bit of a justification, but I was still under 1000 calories for the day.

No comments: