LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Week 9 Report

Week 9 Weight Loss: -2.5
Total Weight Loss: -32.5

I am getting to be such a blog slacker! I'm still on the diet though, in case you're wondering. Though I must admit I've been struggling a little lately. The weight loss is going fine, but no one has noticed yet and it turns out that I do care.

I've got pants that literally fall off me so much I can no longer wear them, but not a single person has noticed any change (apart from the ones I've told I'm dieting). It's possible maybe they are just trying to be polite, but I just think that I still don't look different enough to really call any attention. And that's the sad part, that despite my 32.5 lbs I'm still in the same category to other people.

To make it worse, on Saturday I was at the store with my daughter and there was a very large, tall woman near us, NOT attractive and in a very unflattering outfit and my daughter said, Hey Mom, that looks like you!

UGH!

Last night I told my husband maybe 32 lbs is enough for now and I was thinking about taking a break. He said that he was proud of what I'd done, so that was nice. This from the man that has been sabotaging me the whole time. I finally caved on Sunday when he brought home a bag of Cheetos.

My work status is also changing now. I will be home with the kids weekends and also 3 additional weekdays each week. That'll be an interesting challenge, as time at home has so far proven the most difficult for me, temptation-wise.

Despite my thinking about throwing in that towel, I'm definitely not at that point yet. I know that September would roll around and I'd think Wow, I could have been more than half-way to goal by now. And Christmas would come and I'd feel regret I was still at 30 and not at 100, or at least 70! :)

So yes, I'm sticking with it because I know it works and I might as well get it over with now and out of the way. Bah, dieting!!

1 comment:

Jones said...

I'm so glad you're sticking with it!! after my 2nd kid was born I jumped on MF and it took me losing 30 lbs (but I had 40 total to lose) before people really started noticinga nd commenting. It's like when you go get your hair done. No one really notices until a month later! weird.

I was just searching the blog boards for some kind of recipe to use the tomato soup...can't wait to try your pizza bread. Hopefully it won't taste like throw up, which is how I view the actual soup. lol, and I USED to like the t. soup. weird.

anyway, thanks for blogging and keep inspiring!