LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 2 Report

Week 2 Weight Loss: -2 lbs
Total Weight Loss: -11 lbs

I was hoping for more, so I was pretty disappointed with this morning's weigh-in, especially after having been down -13 lbs previously this week.

I've been learning a lot about my eating habits and the things I have trouble with. Tonight I was in the grocery store with my husband and I wasn't hungry, and it totally struck how different it feels for me to be in a grocery store and not have a lot of impulses to put junk food in my cart.

I think when a person is eating mostly carbs, and the majority of those are bad carbs, you always feel hungry, and unsatisfied and wanting something more.

Yes, I still have cravings, and there are still foods, especially still around in my house that I want. But it is very different from the urges to eat in order to fill an unsatisfiable hunger.

I've also learned that I do better on the program at work where I'm not surrounded by tempting food, and I'm not dealing with serving food I can't eat to my family all day.

I find that I prefer to eat my Lean/Green during the day. If I wait until the evening then I am pretty hungry when I get home and likely to cheat or take liberties. The best schedule for me is 2 mixes in the morning, L/G for lunch, a mix and a bar in the afternoon, and a mix at night.

Although I like to eat out, I also enjoy making food at home and bringing it to work. I think that's the best way to know exactly what you're getting. My favorites are usually a grilled protein and grilled or sauteed summer veggies.

I feel recommited for Week 3, and hope to have better results next Monday!

No comments: