LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Transitions

When I restarted Medifast a few weeks ago I already had an appointment for another medically-supervised diet plan called HMR - Health Management Resources.  My primary doctor recommended I sign up for their orientation, so I did.  However, they couldn't get me in for a month, and I was afraid if I ate every day like it was my last meal I'd totally balloon before I started.  I had lots of MF meals left over so it didn't cost me anything to do that for a few weeks.

I did quit Medifast this last week, mainly just for convenience.  It's crazy how much I miss being able to just make a piece of toast for breakfast or a sandwich for lunch.  And I don't really know where to go out to eat and find good lean/green meals.

The HMR orientation today was very motivating, but also kind of scary.  I'm not feeling super successful with my past few weeks of dieting and I've got a lot of self-doubts about whether I can be successful at a diet that's even more strict than Medifast.

What's worse is that I don't get to start the medically supervised part of the diet until MAY.  That's 2 months away!  But I have the option to follow the diet at home on my own until I can get into their classes and on-site plan.

I bought 3 weeks of food today, and I'm going to start next week.  I should probably start tomorrow, but we've got friends coming into town this weekend and I promised I'd take them to my favorite restaurants to eat.

One thing that's potentially going to be easier is that I won't be trying to figure out a lean and green meal every day.  This diet is shakes, oatmeal, chicken soup and prepared entrees (like lean cuisines).  I'm praying that I like the taste of this better than Medifast.  I will miss the lean/greens though.  I wrote once that I look forward to them like conjugal visits in prison, and I wasn't exaggerating!  :)

No comments: