LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, May 25, 2009

Week 7 Report

Week 7 Weight Loss: -4
Total Weight Loss: -27

Honestly, I was tempted to only put a 2 lb loss for the week after what I ate today. We went to a friend's for a BBQ and even though I brought chicken and salad I ended up eating grapes, a strawberry some pineapple, some cheetos, jello salad and the kicker? Home-made strawberry ice cream.

Of slight consolation to me is the fact I did manage to avoid the corn on the cob. And actually, I didn't have much of any of the off-plan things I had. Isn't it crazy to have to feel guilty about fruit on a diet?

I did do something fun and motivational this week. I got that box of too small clothes out from the basement and tried on a bunch of things. I ended up finding 4 summer outfits that fit and I can wear, and then some other things that should fit in about 10 lbs.

Now I'm wondering whether I should keep my bigger clothes, "just in case," or if I should have faith that I will never gain this weight back and get rid of them. I want to be done with them and have no reminders of them, but I also know I hope to get pregnant in the next year or so and (heaven forbid) I might need them again.

One thing I was hoping would happen by now is having people notice I've lost some weight. It's probably good they aren't yet, since I still don't really want to talk much about the diet to semi-interested, sort of friends. But at the same time it would be nice to hear people are seeing a difference. Maybe in another 10 or so lbs.

I have mentioned before that I'm on a message board with other people on the Medifast diet and they talk about their challenges and temptations and successes. There aren't too many in my group with younger children and sometimes I think they have it so much easier! Every day I am making food for my kids that I love and can't have. Whether it's toast or peanut butter sandwiches, or grilled cheese or fresh fruit or rice cakes. I'm terrified to make cookies with them, even though it's something my daughter and I used to do pretty often.

However, I wouldn't change it because I think I'm learning lessons I need to learn. I think I'm learning how to live healthier while surrounded by temptation. Not to say I don't frequently mess up a little here or there, but no big disasters.

I also bought a bicycle this week! I went riding around yesterday and it was so fun. I liked it a lot better than walking. Now I just need it to not hurt my butt so much. :)

No comments: