LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Week 7 Food Journal

Monday
Today I was really hungry! I think it's that I'm sticking more to eating the bars and hot chocolates because I like them best, but they don't satisfy as much as some of the other foods. I've been a little short on money recently so I'm cutting back my eating out for lunch and instead I'm cooking my own L/G meals at home in the evening. I'm definitely noticing I'm hungrier in the afternoons now, and I'm more prone to cheating in the evening while I'm cooking dinner. Monday I had my husband cook dinner while I gardened outside with the kids and that helped.

My dinner was YUM. I took 2 yellow squashes and used my potato peeler on them to peel thin, narrow strips of squash into a microwave steamer. My husband made spaghetti sauce with ground turkey and turkey sausage and a bunch of veggies, so I put that over my steamed squash and topped it with some mozzarella cheese. It was so filling and yummy! I didn't miss the noodles at all. It had too much sauce to be exactly on plan, but I tried to get mostly meat and not so much sauce and I think it was fine. For dessert a few hours later I made a chocolate shake cake and it turned out pretty good too.

Tuesday: -.5
A couple of days ago I cooked a MF chicken noodle soup on the stove and I added some extra veggies and real chicken, so that's what I had for lunch today. I'm hoping it will help stave the hunger off until I get home for my L/G.

Tuesday night I didn't get home until late, and I got tired just thinking about cooking something. My husband had taken the kids to KFC for dinner and there was still a chicken breast and a wing left, so I ate those. And nibbled on a couple bits of the crunchy topping. "That's because they put an addictive chemical in it that makes you crave it fortnightly!" (from So I Married an Axe Murderer.) It didn't set me back any, despite not really eating any green that night either. Sometimes you just do the best you can.

Wednesday: -.5
Doughnut day at work today, and they didn't even tempt me. I am having too great of a week to screw it up with a doughnut I don't even really like that much! Another good thing is I think a guy checked me out. I haven't gotten a look like that (from anyone but my husband) since I can remember, so I was diggin' it. I know I'm not hot yet by any means, but it's still nice to get a little glimpse of what could be. Tonight for dinner I had grilled yellow squash and hickory grilled halibut with lemon sauce. It wasn't quite as tasty as it was last time, I wish I knew more about cooking fish.

Thursday: -1
I had a hot chocolate, 2 bars and 1 serving of MF banana bread. It was the first time I've made the banana bread or used a sugar-free flavored syrup. I can taste the aftertaste of the artificial sweetener, and like all the baked items it seems kind of eggy around the edges. Other than that it turned out pretty good. For my Lean and Green I had Zucchini Lasagna.

1 comment:

Megan Bennett said...

You've got a new fan! I just came across your blog and wanted to let you know I added a link to your page from mine, as well as the fact that I am following you.

Keep up the good work and keep the recipes coming.